Durham Trillium Quilters' Guild was formed in 1986 by a group of women who wanted to establish a quilting guild outside of Toronto. The group started meeting at each others' homes and eventually the membership grew so they had to relocate to a larger facility. Today we meet at the Zion Christian Reformed Church in Oshawa. Our meetings start at 7:00, but our doors open at 6:30. We welcome guests to most meetings except our June meeting when we hold our annual AGM and elect our new executive.
We have a very active guild, with over 100 members.
Each month we have a vibrant program with guest speakers, show & share, trunk shows and
- Monthly 50/50 lucky chance draws
- Block of the Month - A pattern is chosen each year and is handed out as the year progresses by e-mailing participants clues each month. To be included in the monthly prize draw, bring in your completed parts!
- Kudo Strips are a way to share a celebratory event in your life with the guild. As 'payment' for this, please bring a 1/2 of a 2 1/2" strip of fabric.
- Fabric Exchange Club - monthly exchange of fabric
- Our cuddle quilt program collects and distributes quilts for charity. Last year we made over 100 quilts for Charities in the Durham area.
- Library - there are many recent books and magazines to browse and check out for a month
- Show & Share - bring in your most recently completed project, whether it is a completed quilt or just the quilt top to show a new skill, technique or just to say "it's done". We're always in your corner!
- Doors open at 6:45 p.m. with a flurry of activity for submitting monthly blocks or fabric, checking out the library, signing up for workshops/retreat and/or submitting Show and Share items
- Guild business begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Break for a little fellowship, coffee or tea, and something sweet. Please remember to 'Lug a Mug and a plate'.
- Speaker or activity
- Show and share
Our meetings always include a show & share, and our programs are always interesting, we have some fun and share in the fellowship of quilting.